Social Distancing Policy
The most important thing we can do is to: stay alert, control the virus, and in doing so, save lives.
This section sets out the rules that apply to the parents and students participating in face-to-face tutoring sessions with 'Learn to Shine’.
1. For the purpose of these Social Distancing Policy rules, ‘LTS’, ’we’, ‘our’ and ‘the company’ will refer to 'Learn to Shine*’
2. Government guidelines on Social Distancing MUST be followed at all times
3. Do NOT enter ‘LTS’ premises, if you, or any member of your close family has or has been, in contact with anyone diagnosed with symptoms of coronavirus (COVID 19).
4. Use the hand sanitiser dispenser, located in the entrance area, upon entering the building.
5. Wash your hands for 30 seconds before entering the ‘LTS’ classroom; please do this in addition to using sanitiser upon entering the building due to passing through communal areas.
6. Students will be asked to use sanitiser when entering the ‘LTS’ classroom and before using resources. Please provide an alcohol based sanitiser of at least 64% alcohol (this is important to kill the virus). Please note, students will be asked to use ‘LTS’ sanitiser if they do not have their own.
7. Obey the safe distancing guidance within the ‘LTS’ classroom where the desks have been arranged in accordance with the ‘2 metre safe distancing’ government guidelines.
8. Cover coughs and sneezes at ALL times and if necessary wear a face mask.
9. Parents / carers must ensure students have their own stationary in a pencil case or similar. If you require any equipment please inform your tutor.
10. Student’s temperature will be taken upon entering the classroom - please do this prior to attending if you are able to.
11. Parental responsibility with regard to protecting yourself and others is paramount at all times when attending tutoring sessions.
12. For the parents of students in Year 1 and below: Do not wait in communal areas inside the building during a student’s tutoring session. The sofa can be used for a minimal amount of time upon waiting for the student’s session to start and end - try to time your drop-off and collection to give enough time to wash hands without needing to wait in the communal area outside the kitchen.
13. For the parents of students in Year 2 and above: The ‘LTS’ tutor will greet the student in the car park and then, once the session is finished, will accompany the student to the car park for pick up by the parent/carer. This reduces the number of people entering the building.
14. If in doubt, KEEP YOUR DISTANCE, to protect yourself and others from COVID 19.
If these guidelines are not being followed we will have to close the ‘LTS’ classroom completely.
Please help us to keep things running smoothly, for everyone. 0800 854 714 'Learn to Shine*’ Lifestyle House, 157-163 Sheffield Road, Stanley Street, Killamarsh, S21 1DY Social Distancing Policy 1st May 2020. Next review 1st May 2020 *Subject to change at owner’s discretion.