General Terms and Conditions
This section sets out the terms and conditions that apply to the parents and students participating in tutoring sessions with 'Learn to Shine’.
1. For the purpose of these General Terms and Conditions, ‘LTS’, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘the company’ will refer to 'Learn to Shine*’.
2. The parent / student undertakes that they shall not at any time disclose to any person any confidential information concerning the business, affairs, intellectual property, customers, staff or associates at 'Learn to Shine’ with 3rd parties.
3. By using our services and resources you agree that you have read, understood and accept the Terms and Conditions herein.
4. By engaging in registration and / or assessment and / or educational services or sessions with 'Learn to Shine’, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by the Terms and Conditions herein.
5. The registration and assessment is mandatory in order to determine and agree the level at which to begin tuition and a start date. This may be carried out via telephone or video-call and can be a discussion with parents. It may be required that students visit the office for assessment dependent upon their needs.
6. The cost of assessment is £10 which is payable before the assessment takes place.
7. The assessor / tutor will provide a written report following the assessment for the parent / carer, prior to commencing tutoring sessions.
8. It is important to advise ‘LTS’ of any known allergies or medical conditions prior to engaging in our services.
9. ‘LTS’ takes no responsibility for any medical intervention which may be required in relation to any known or unknown allergies or medical conditions when using our services or resources, whether online or face to face, as they are not specifically medically trained. If any medical issues arise then the parent/carer will be contacted immediately using the contact details held by ‘LTS’ and understand the emergency services may also have been alerted by ‘LTS’ staff.
10. Parents / carers agree to enter into Terms and Conditions with the assigned tutor and pay the appropriate scheduled fees monthly in advance. See our Pricing and Payment Policy.
11. In engaging the services of the tutor, the student enters into an agreement, which for these purposes will be referred to as ‘the Plan’. A single continuous instance of tuition, of any length, whether conducted in person or by electronic means, will be referred to as ‘a session’.
12. Acceptance of ‘LTS’ services will be taken to represent agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
13. Spaces / tutoring sessions are subject to availability. In the event that a preferred day and time cannot be accommodated then the parent has the right to ask to be placed on the ‘Waiting List’.
14. The parent / carer is under no obligation following the assessment and receipt of the report, to sign up to tutoring sessions with 'Learn to Shine’, but the assessment fee of £10 (to cover the cost of the Assessment process) will not be refunded.
15. For the avoidance of doubt being ‘signed up’ means having agreed a schedule of tutoring sessions with a tutor i.e. the ‘Plan’ and ‘Plan Period’. See our Pricing and Payment Policy for more details.
16. The student will arrive 5 minutes before the scheduled tutoring session, to be ready to commence his/her session promptly, at the scheduled time. See our Social Distancing Policy for the requirements at each session.
17. In the event that a student arrives late the missed time will be forfeited and tutoring will end promptly, at the scheduled end time for the session. No refund or credit will be given. Students’ must still adhere to the Social Distancing Policy requirements even if they arrive late.
18. If a student cannot attend due to illness or other personal reasons and notice is given before the scheduled session time, then 'Learn to Shine’ will always attempt to arrange a mutually agreed alternative time and date but this is not guaranteed. In the event that an alternative cannot be agreed the session will be forfeited. i.e. The session must be paid for.
19. If a student cannot attend due to illness or other personal reasons and no notice is given the cost of the session is forfeited. i.e. the cost of the session must be paid for even when the student did not attend. The missed session will not be rearranged.
20. If a tutor is ill or cannot attend for personal reasons the session will either be covered by an alternative tutor or be rearranged. If the tutor has no availability to rearrange and the family chooses not to take the sessions with another tutor, then the session will be forfeited. ‘LTS’ will endeavour to give as much notice as possible should this situation arise.
21. Notice of holidays must be given to 'Learn to Shine’ at least 14 days prior to the commencement of the first session that will not be attended. A Holding Fee of 50% of the cost of the weekly session/s is payable for the week/s not attended, up to a maximum of 3 weeks.
22. Payment of the ‘Holding Fee’ will ensure the student’s place is retained at the usual agreed days and times. However, the maximum period allowed to be covered by a ‘Holding Fee’ is 3 weeks. After this time, ‘LTS’ reserve the right to charge the full amount for any further sessions missed until such time as the student returns.
23. If no notice of holiday is given and full payment has not been received, then 'Learn to Shine’ reserves the right to allocate the student’s place / sessions to another paying student without giving notice to the parent / carer. No refund will be given and the student’s place / sessions will not be guaranteed upon return from holiday.
24. Neither 'Learn to Shine’ associates (i.e.admin staff etc) nor tutors will tolerate aggressive, abusive or disruptive behaviour. In the event that a student or parent/carer behaves in an unacceptable manner, they will be refused future access. In this event no payments made for the period / sessions will be refunded. ‘LTS’ will notify parents / carers of this immediate cancellation by email within 3 working days.
25. Complaints in the first instance should be raised with the tutor for resolution. The Director must be made aware of any complaints / issues immediately as they arise.
26. Any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, subject matter or formation, (including non-contractual disputes or claims), or otherwise, which cannot be resolved by the Tutor or Director at ‘LTS’, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. It is agreed that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes.
27. Conditions apply to cancellation of tutoring sessions. See our Cancellation Policy.
29. 'Learn to Shine’ accepts no liability for the outcome of any sessions we administer, or any academic judgement made upon the student’s work by any educational institution or professional body with which they may be affiliated.
30. We reserve the right to amend these General Terms and Conditions as may be required, at any time. Reasonable efforts will be made to inform both students, parents / carers and tutors of any such changes, after which time, any continued use of our services will constitute acceptance of these changes.
31. Our other Policies which form part of our agreement to provide tuition to students and which should be read and understood alongside these General Terms and Conditions, are listed below:
● Social Distancing Policy
● Pricing and Payment Policy
● Cancellation Policy
'Learn to Shine*’ Lifestyle House, 157-163 Sheffield Road, Stanley Street, Killamarsh, S21 1DY
General Terms and Conditions(v2): 18th August 2020. Next review 1st May 2021
*Subject to change at owner’s discretion.